PE and School Sports
St Elizabeths PE and School Sport
We are a Gold Kitemark School!
As part of a new Government fund to promote and enhance PE and School Sport, receives a grant of around £8700 each year and this year this amount is set to double! Over the course of this school year we will use this funding to:
- Provide additional coaches and support for a wider range of lunch and after school clubs throughout the year in order to encourage children to live healthy, active lifestyles.
- Pay for Professional Development Courses for all teaching and welfare to ensure high quality PE is delivered in all year groups in order to foster a love of sport and physical activity
- Bring in Specialist Sports Teachers to deliver new sports with exit routes to both competitions and local clubs and run a roadshow to promote clubs in the area.
- Increase competition opportunities by paying for membership to the South Sefton Sports Partnership
- Fund transport and supply costs to allow our school to enter more local and regional competitions.
- Ensure there are opportunities for all children to take part in intra (within school) and inter school (with other schools) competitions through the year.
St Elizabeths Sportsmanship Award Winners
St Elizabeth’s PE and School Sports Vision Statement
To provide our pupils with:
- excellent knowledge, skills and understanding of sport and physical activity.
- the chance to experience a range of different activities and sports in PE lessons
- the opportunity to take part in competition in and outside of school
- a good understanding of the School Games Values: determination, honesty, passion, self-belief and teamwork.
PE Downloads: Policy and SSP Funding Documents