PE and School Sports
St Elizabeths PE and School Sport
We are a Gold Kitemark School!
As part of a new Government fund to promote and enhance PE and School Sport, receives a grant of around £8700 each year and this year this amount is set to double! Over the course of this school year we will use this funding to:
- Provide additional coaches and support for a wider range of lunch and after school clubs throughout the year in order to encourage children to live healthy, active lifestyles.
- Pay for Professional Development Courses for all teaching and welfare to ensure high quality PE is delivered in all year groups in order to foster a love of sport and physical activity
- Bring in Specialist Sports Teachers to deliver new sports with exit routes to both competitions and local clubs and run a roadshow to promote clubs in the area.
- Increase competition opportunities by paying for membership to the South Sefton Sports Partnership
- Fund transport and supply costs to allow our school to enter more local and regional competitions.
- Ensure there are opportunities for all children to take part in intra (within school) and inter school (with other schools) competitions through the year.
St Elizabeths Sportsmanship Award Winners 2015-16
St Elizabeth’s PE and School Sports Vision Statement
To provide our pupils with:
- excellent knowledge, skills and understanding of sport and physical activity.
- the chance to experience a range of different activities and sports in PE lessons
- the opportunity to take part in competition in and outside of school
- a good understanding of the School Games Values: determination, honesty, passion, self-belief and teamwork.
PE Downloads: Policy and SSP Funding Documents